Sunday, May 10, 2009

A Day In Our Lives

I love bath and towel pictures!


I thought I would try to give you an idea of our daily lives. I know many people wander what a stay-at-home mom does all day. Trust me, we are busy. And yes, blogging to keep all the friends and family up to speed does count as an important task for a mom. Just ask the grandparents whether or not I should keep up this blog and all the many pictures :)

A typical day:

7:00am - Ben up to eat and play
Ryan up to get ready for work
7:45am - Ben down for a nap
8:00am - I grab a quick shower
9:00am - Ryan leaves for work
Ben up to eat and play
10:00am - Ben down for a nap
12:00pm - Ryan home for lunch
12:30pm - Ben up to eat and play
1:00pm - Ryan goes back to work
1:30pm - Ben down for a nap
4:00pm - Ben up to eat and play
5:00pm - Ryan comes home
Ben down for a nap
Cook dinner and discuss our days
6:00pm - Eat dinner
7:00pm - Ben up to eat and play
7:15pm - Bedtime bath
7:45-8pm - Ben's bedtime
10:00pm - Dreamfeed
10:15pm - We go to bed
3:30am - Ben wakes to eat

Whew - wasn't that exhausting...and during all the napping, I blog, work on World Impact projects that I can do from home, keep up the housework (I strive to accomplish one household task per day), etc. And, there are various other events for which we get out of the house throughout our week, fun things as well as errands and grocery shopping. If I plan to go anywhere, I try to get completely ready while he naps and then I feed him right when he wakes up and we head out the door. I also try to do our outings in the morning hours. I am more of a morning person and like to be out then rather than later in the afternoon. I think the biggest adjustment for me has been not having large chunks of time in which to do things. It does always seem that as soon as I get started on a task, he wakes up from his nap (remember, the above schedule is never perfectly followed). Then, it is an hour or more before I get back to it. Time seems to go so much more quickly now that I work around Ben's schedule. And I love every minute of it...more than I ever imagined I would.

2 comments:

Janet Morrison-Lane said...

I'm beginning to see that smile more and more! :)

Kimberly said...

I love it that Ben has been such an easy baby just like his friend, James... such a blessing! I also love the fact that yall have him on a schedule... it just works great doesn't it?