Thursday, May 7, 2009

Shots!

First, thank you all for your hugs and kisses that were sent Ben's way when he wasn't feeling too well. I am still not 100% sure what was going on, but he is feeling much better.

Today, Ben had his well-baby exam and first round of vaccinations. I was glad this exam fell right after him not feeling well so the doctor could check him over and put my mind at ease. Our sweet doctor said we are doing everything right :) because Ben is growing and developing wonderfully. He now weighs 11 lb 8 oz and is 23 inches long (both 50%). I must admit, Ryan and I both thought he would be a little longer - he seems pretty long and skinny to us. I do think Ben got my small, round head though. His head circumference is 14.75, 15%. Oh well. He can still get his brains from him daddy, he will just have to cram it all in his little head.

Ben did get 5 shots today. Whew. I have never seen anything like it. The nurse put on quite a performance. She had all 5 shots given and two band-aids applied all in 8 seconds (like a bull rider). It might have been more like 10 seconds, but it was the fastest, craziest thing I have ever seen. Ben only screamed while she was actually giving the shots and calmed pretty quickly as I was able to immediately pick him up. He seems pretty settled, just extra sleepy. The nurse told us he might want to be held more today, but so far he has been snoozing in his crib. I kinda miss him :(

See my Spiderman band-aid? I have a racecar on the other leg.

Other than that, we are doing well! We are excited about the sunshine finally coming out and warming things up.

It has been cloudy, but I love sitting in my pool in the living room and looking out the window (he really does have a thing for windows). Aunt Can Can bought him these swim trunks and terry cloth cover-up.

Here are some recent pictures of our handsome son.

My sneaky face.


My headshot for the modeling agency.

2 comments:

Darby said...

What a sweet little sweetie!

Team Chamness said...

he is already looking so different from his newborn pictures! tell Ben to SLOW down...we want to see him while he is still a baby! (also, perhaps he could send H. a few of those percentiles...we are scramblin' for 16lbs! like 3rd% or something! her princess crown on the other hand is in the 70th%...perhaps a trade?)

Miss you guys!