Thursday, May 14, 2009

Making Whoopie

Pies!
I love old gameshows and somehow, "making whoopie" is always an answer. I have no idea why these cookie are called whoopie pies, but they sure are delicious. I haven't made anything really fun in a while, or at least haven't taken pictures of it, but I still love to bake. We are hosting a work thing on Saturday evening and my dessert can be made ahead, so here are pictures of my afternoon fun while Ben napped. We have plans this evening, so check back tomorrow to see if we had fun!? It will be our first evening activity with Ben out during his bedtime.

The chocolate cookies.

Lined up on my counter so all get an even helping of the peanut butter filling.

A finished whoopie pie.


I like to individually wrap them and freeze them. They remind me of ice cream sandwiches.


I know I can' t blog without adding a picture of Ben. Here are a few.

A staff member from LA moved to Wichita and she and her moving truck arrived yesterday. Ben just happened to be awake when she arrived, so he and I walked over with Ryan (you can see our house across the street in this picture). The women sat and chatted while the men worked. Ben made his way around all the loving arms, but always came back to me :) I am on the right in the orange holding Ben. The lady next to me is the mother of the lady in the white shirt and is holding the baby (one month older than Ben and her 4th child) of the lady in the green shirt. And, the lady in the white shirt is expecting her first baby, a boy, in September which means the lady next to me is about to become a Grandma for the first time, so she is practicing with all our babies! It will be great fun to have 2 other boys around that Ben will grow up with. While we all work together, we also live so close. The lady in green lives in these apartments that we are sitting in front of, we live across the street, the soon-to-be-grandma lives one block over and the lady in white lives less than a mile away.

Ben is doing much more independent play these days. Sometimes, he will play quietly for an hour by himself. He seems to do much better with his napping if he plays alone - we tend to overstimulate him. So, I try to let him play alone often or at least limit my interaction with him. In this picture, Ryan is pushing his toy to his nose and making his toy talk to him :)

I keep forgetting to post this picture. These are all the kids in our church on Easter Sunday. Ethan (6) and Bree (4) are the oldest kids and then Amy is 10 months old. Ethan and Bree's parents aren't pictured. Ben was too little to stand by himself and Amy would have crawled away too quick, so a mom and a dad had to be in the kid picture.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ray said to remember to pack the cookies in dry ice when you ship them to Alabama!

Anonymous said...

Do you share your recipes? I would love the one for those cookies. Uncle Larry and Marcus would love them!
Love you,
Aunt Ginger