Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Ben Said His First Word

OK, he didn't actually speak a word, but Ben has started to say "aah." But, I am not real happy about it. He likes to say 'aah' to his daddy. I thought it was because he preferred his deeper voice. He also says 'aah' to himself in his mirror on the changing table. I thought maybe he just really thought it was fun to look at himself. But, now he says 'aah' to his toys on his play mat too. Oh come on! The singing fish gets an 'aah,' but not the woman who birthed you and hasn't been without you for more than 5 hours total in the two months you have been alive. I feel so hurt. Ryan likes to tell me that he has given me an 'aah,' but it has only happened twice and it was when I looked away from talking to Ben. I don't think it counts! He is so young to already think I am not cool enough to talk to. Ah, it has already begun.

The singing fish that got the 'aah.'

Ben and Ryan chillin' after a long day of work (and saying 'aah' to each other).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh...poor mom! You feel so left out! But, for real, Ray and I cracked up reading this one. We love the picture of Ben on the couch checking out his daddy! Thanks for sharing!