I bore you with all this because I am thrilled that my son has started STTN. Most books I have read consider 5-6 hours of consecutive sleep to be STTN. If I go by that rule, Ben has been STTN since he was 6 weeks old. But, if I am not STTN (8 hours in my book) then I don't consider my son to be STTN. But, for the past 5 days Ben has been getting 8-10 hours of consecutive sleep. You might could argue with me on the exact number of hours though because of the dreamfeed. He gets his bath and goes to bed between 7:30-8pm. At 10pm, I get him up and feed him without really waking him at all - no diaper change, no lights, just a bedtime feeding. Then, he isn't waking until 6-7am on his own. I think that is pretty darn good!
Now for a cute smile picture and a video with Daddy. This video cracks me up because Ben can't decide to smile at Ryan or cry. I wonder if he was getting sleepy when we tried to take this video. Enjoy.
)
One more thing...we are trying to introduce the bottle. I am already having separation anxiety about leaving him for even a little while, so I have been (intentionally) forgetful about pumping and offering a bottle. He did take 4 ounces from a bottle a couple of days ago. He played with it in the side of his mouth for half and hour before he finally gave up and drank it. That is what he does with a pacifier as well, except he has only twice given up and actually sucked a pacifier.
2 comments:
JMHO, but your DS is too cute. The whistling and the comments from your DH in the vid are cute too. I makes me miss ya'll!
How's life as a SAHM? IMO it's the best job ever!
:X lots!
BTW abbreviations are NMSAA! ;I
Love the bottle pic... I think he looks confused :)
Congrats on the longer STTN!
(I don't get all the acronyms either!)
~Salyna
Post a Comment