Ben hasn't been feeling very good today. He has had some rumblings in his tummy, some diarrhea (tmi?) and is not sleeping and eating anywhere near his normal schedule. This morning, he refused to sleep in his crib, but was more than happy to sleep while I held him. So, like the strong-willed, stick-with-the-schedule mom that I am, I held him while I read a book I have been wanting to finish! I don't think I would have taken a shower yet today except that he spit up all over us both around noon, so I decided it was not ideal to put clean clothes on a dirty body and so Ryan held Ben while I showered. He has seemed better this afternoon though, but we are all sitting around the house in our comfy Saturday clothes and watching how he feels. Maybe he just needed to clean out his system a bit, we will wait and see.

He has been noticing his own hands more lately and today he found his thumb! He has been getting his fingers to his mouth, but this is the first time he actually sucked his thumb. He refuses any and every type of pacifier (yes, thanks to Mama-D we do own any and every type of pacifier), so maybe this will help him self soothe rather than needing pats from mom and dad to get back to sleep. That would be lovely.
Send your "feel better" hugs and kisses our way and we will be sure to pass them along! He has been super cuddly today and I have totally been giving in to that!
2 comments:
Get well soon, Ben!
Is the little guy feeling any better yet?
That thumb picture is too precious.
Post a Comment