Since Ryan and I began dating almost nine years ago I can count on one hand how many times he has given me flowers. I'm not complaining though. I agree with him - we are painfully practical people and flowers just don't make sense. They are pretty and they smell good, but then they die and have to be thrown out just like a dirty diaper. Instead, he finds wonderful ways to give me "flowers!" He takes me out for pizza on a night that I am tired even though we weren't planning to eat out. He brings home some ice cream when he ran to the store just to get a loaf of bread. (See a pattern - food fixes everything in my life :) He gets up with Ben in the morning so I can stay in bed just a few more minutes before Nate gets up. He refills my water jug so I can get my daily 100 ounces of water necessary to nurse this hungry baby we have. And those are just a few things he does for me. He also pastors our little church plant and picks up my slack with work things when I just don't have the brain power to handle it all right now.
Those are the sweetest smelling flowers to me!
I am constantly amazed that I am grown up enough to have a home to care for and two small children. Many days I feel like I have no idea what I am doing. Many days I feel like I am just having way too much fun playing house. Many days I feel like throwing in the towel. But then the little ones go to bed and I sit next to my best friend and it all seems worth it because we are in this together.
The best decision I ever made. I love you Ryan!
3 comments:
Awwww. I love this post. Its weird to think we were at your wedding...because it seems like such a long time ago. Thanks for getting married :) God is perfect at selecting our soul mates!
Wow, it seems like yesterday we were at your wedding. Time sure flies doesn't it. beautiful picture! --lilly
I gotta stop reading your blogs...they keep making me cry! How sweet! I love the way you wrote this...ur flowers are his nice things he does to help you thru hard times:) I love it! What a great couple you guys are!
Post a Comment