Sunday, January 9, 2011

Happy 1st Month

Superman out-take

This past month has flown by! I wouldn't have expected it to feel any different though. Nate is growing and changing and fits perfectly into our family.

In his first month he has:
  • Gained 3 pounds
  • Gotten 2.5 inches longer.
  • Outgrown 2 newborn outfits, but still can't wear any 0-3 month.
  • Been visited by Mama D, Grammy and Papa Tom.
  • Been to church twice and countless other places.
  • Met way more people by this point in his life than his big brother had.
  • Become aware of Ben - he moves his head to the other side when Ben kisses him too much.
  • Just started to track when I move out of his direct line of sight.
  • Holds his head up like a champ (Ryan says it is so he is constantly aware of Ben's proximity to him).
  • Settled into a good 3.5-4 hour routine in the day.
  • Not settled into a good night routine, but I'm not complaining. He gets up once around 3:30am at most and sometimes makes it all the way through the night (10pm dreamfeed and 6am wake). We just never know which it will be and are honestly pleased either way.
  • Some evenings that he goes right down and other evenings that he prefers our undivided attention once Ben is in bed.


He likes tummy time so much more than Ben. You can't see, but I promise that his eyes are open.
Holding his head up.
He has to spend a lot of tummy time with Ben close by!
Really close by, usually.
Eyes wide open from the second he wakes up until the second he falls asleep. He is very alert.
He is such a squirmy sleeper. This is how I found him one nap, nowhere near where I left him.
A different nap. Ben used to snuggle down in his swaddle. This is the only time Nate has done it. I'm not a fan of it, so I'm glad he doesn't normally do this.

1 comment:

Edwin and Lilly said...

wow, happy one month Nate! Time flies so quickly already doesn't it!