Nate was discharged at 9pm last night and we made the 1 mile drive home. It is always so much better to be at home! Nate is an excellent nurser, but it took him a while to settle into sleep last night. He fell asleep at 11pm and then Ryan was up at 2am with what he thinks is food poisoning. We were up together for an hour before waking my mom to go get some medicine and fluids. As we were waiting for her I saw on facebook that some friends were having the same problem and needing fluids and they don't have the luxury of a mom in town to help. So, we shared and are all hoping for the best today. Nate finally woke at 4am to nurse and went back to sleep easily and is still sleeping now.
For such a crazy first night home, I am immensely thankful that:
1. My mom was here to run to the store and offer moral support (and clean the bathroom :)
2. Both boys slept through the entire ordeal of being up with Ryan.
3. Nate nursed and went right back to sleep so I could lay back down too.
4. My recovery has been near painless so I was able to help Ryan last night.
And so many other things. Pray for us today though! Ben doesn't understand why he can't jump all over Daddy and play. Ryan still doesn't feel well at all. We will see how this day goes.
2 comments:
we'll be praying. yuck to the tummy bug/food poisoning. :( Glad you are home though, and recovering well.
Hope everyone is feeling better. I just got over mine. It wasn't fun.
Post a Comment