On Christmas Eve, after dinner, we opened gifts. Ben was a lot of fun to watch. He has been patiently admiring the gifts under the tree and he finally had permission to open them. He was pretty excited. We played with everything, skipped our nightly bath, and off to bed with hopes of Santa coming (even though he doesn't have a clue about Santa). Ryan and I put together his gifts, with the help of Nate because he refused to go to sleep. His tummy was really bothering him. I drank as much water as I could stand and nothing seemed to help. Nate screamed. Then cried. Then screamed. Until a little after 11pm. Ryan and I were almost to the point of throwing our hands up in defeat, but we made it through! And then Nate didn't wake until 7am. Crazy boy, who does that?! Ben slept through all of it and didn't wake until 7:15am which is record sleeping for him. Small blessings!
Then, Ben saw Santa's gifts - an art easel (thank you Grammy & Papa Tom) that was fully stocked (thank you Aunt Candice and Aunt Trisha), Teach Me Elmo (thank you Aunt Candice and Aunt Trisha), and lots of cleaning tools (thank you Mama D). He explored everything and then worked at his art easel for at least an hour and a half. We had to pull him away for breakfast and again for snack and rest time.
We have had a lot of fun watching Ben play with his new toys. We are now enjoying a relaxing day, perfect for our family!
This is our favorite Christmas gift this year.






He is completely addicted to chapstick. He knows his daddy always has some in his pocket and he knows which staff members carry chapstick and begs for it! Santa brought him some cherry chapstick and he is well-greased!
I can't seem to get my videos to upload, so they will come in another post.










2 comments:
LOVED that stocking picture of Nate! Loved all the other pics too!
Speaking of stocking, we did the SAME thing for Jocelyn and Evan, since both of them were born near Christmas. I need to pull up pics of both of them in the same stocking and compare the pics side by side...
I meant of Jocelyn (when she was an infant)...
Post a Comment