Today, Ryan and I took Nate for his appointment at the pediatrician at 8:30am. Just like with Ben, the blood work in the hospital was inconclusive, so we had to walk across to the hospital and have it drawn again. In the hospital, it took forever to get enough blood. Today, he bled like a champ :) He has also gained some weight, up to 7 lb 2 oz today and already 20.5 inches long!
Then, we rushed home and I took my mom to the airport :( She was amazing help and I will certainly miss having her around. When the dishes are dirty now, I will actually have to clean them. She (at my Grandma's insistence) left me with a perfectly clean home, groceries that will last quite a while, all clean laundry, and a spoiled toddler that misses her terribly already.
Real life has begun. About 5 minutes after Ryan went back to work from lunch Ben dirtied his diaper and Nate wet all over me while I was changing his diaper. So much for all clean laundry! Ryan even asked when he got home this evening if I was going to be doing laundry every day now. ha. It is possible.
Then, we rushed home and I took my mom to the airport :( She was amazing help and I will certainly miss having her around. When the dishes are dirty now, I will actually have to clean them. She (at my Grandma's insistence) left me with a perfectly clean home, groceries that will last quite a while, all clean laundry, and a spoiled toddler that misses her terribly already.
Real life has begun. About 5 minutes after Ryan went back to work from lunch Ben dirtied his diaper and Nate wet all over me while I was changing his diaper. So much for all clean laundry! Ryan even asked when he got home this evening if I was going to be doing laundry every day now. ha. It is possible.
Both boys napped at the same time this afternoon and I got some work done. But, they both woke up at the same time too. Ben occasionally wakes up crying hard and is inconsolable. He wanted to be held and it is still uncomfortable to pick him up for much time at all. It is so hard for him to understand. There were many tears, but Daddy came home just in time to save the day! Yeah.
Nate has decided that he will not nap from dinner time until bedtime and wants to be held and talked to. It makes for an interesting dinner table at our home. Our friends are bringing meals this week so at least the food just appears without dirtying my pots and pans. It is amazing how much pressure that takes off of me to not have to cook.
Both boys are snuggled up in their own beds right now and I may not last much longer. Bedtime is coming quickly. Oh wait, Nate is crying now...
Nate has decided that he will not nap from dinner time until bedtime and wants to be held and talked to. It makes for an interesting dinner table at our home. Our friends are bringing meals this week so at least the food just appears without dirtying my pots and pans. It is amazing how much pressure that takes off of me to not have to cook.
Both boys are snuggled up in their own beds right now and I may not last much longer. Bedtime is coming quickly. Oh wait, Nate is crying now...
Before leaving for our staff Christmas party.
Ben "helping" me wrap Christmas gifts.
Ben kissing his favorite brother while never getting too far from D. We call my mom Mama D, but Ben just says D.
No comments:
Post a Comment