Sunday, December 12, 2010

Happy 21 Months

Ben turned 21 months the day after Nate was born. That is a lot to think about at once. In recent days, Ben has found so many more words and phrases to share with us. I will never be able to remember it all to share here, but he definitely keeps us on our toes and keeps us laughing. He is probably getting close to the age where I will have some great Ben-isms. Here are two so far:

After watching me nurse Nate he asked my mom, "I eat mommy?" This was/is my worst nightmare by the way. Thankfully, he hasn't seemed too interested since.

I mentioned in his 20 month post that he kept saying a word that sounded like "bobby" and we could not figure out what he was talking about. Then, we brought home Nate! All we hear now is "I need my bahby." "Bahby nite nite." "Bahby eat." "Mommy bahby." Bahby = Baby (if you hadn't caught on yet.) And on and on. He loves his bahby and will randomly remember him and run to look for him.

He insisted on having my mom's keys to unlock the door where Nate was sleeping. The door doesn't even have a key hole. And he needed a little extra height with his step stool apparently too.

He loves to hold Nate. Bahby up!

When playing in water, no shirt, sweats and rain boots are appropriate attire!

Wearing Daddy's hat and loving on his baby doll.

Getting ready for a brisk walk. We needed out of the house, but it was only 30 degrees. We visited everyone's office across the street.

He shredded all the lettuce for tacos one night. It was actually well shredded.

Finger painting!

He isn't sleeping during his morning nap anymore, but he still needs some quiet time. I put him books by his crib and he reads for 1.5-2 hours.

This is how I found him after that nap: pantless, sockless and all the books had been thrown on the other side of the bookshelf.

He has been loving to color with crayons and map pencils lately. He colors almost every morning after breakfast. On this particular day he needed to be level with the table rather than stand next to it. Whatever!

No comments: