Monday, July 6, 2009

Mama D and Aunt Can Can Visit

My mom and sister were able to come visit. They arrived the day after Ryan's mom and sister left, so Ben only had about 24 hours to mourn the lack of attention. After Ryan's mom left, Ben really did seem discontented to play by himself. He would whimper when I left the room. How can he possibly get spoiled so quickly? Tomorrow may be a rough day for him since my mom and sister just left this afternoon. It is so much fun to watch other people play with and love Ben. He smiles and laughs and gives great cuddles and the grandmas and aunts can't get enough.

I still haven't left Ben with anyone (except Ryan) which means I am with him 24 hours a day. When company is here, I have to share. I know it is good for me, but I am glad to have him back to myself :) We do have plans to celebrate our birthdays and anniversary soon and I am working up my courage to leave him. I never would have imagined it would be this difficult for me.

We did have some great time with my mom and sister, so here is a photo review of the last few days.

Aunt Can Can gave Ben a "C" to play with while in the tub. I thought C for Carter, but she said it was C for Can Can. Ben keeps his fingers in his mouth at all times these days. He isn't too sure about the taste of bubbles though.

Aunt Can Can insisted on a couple more pictures before Ben went down for a nap. I think Ben is making his point quite clear - he wants to go to sleep.

How can he possibly sleep like this? He never ever stays in the middle of the crib.


It is World Impact tradition to go to the drive-in movies on July 3rd to celebrate our co-workers birthday that is July 4th. Since we joined staff we get to celebrate all three of our birthdays. Ben was kind enough to dress festively for our drive-in birthday celebration.


Of course Ryan wanted to wear the fun hat too.

This is how Ben and I watched Transformers II.


For the 4th of July, we went across the street to shoot off fireworks with our friends, the Kennedy's. Ryan was quite popular with the Kennedy kids when he lit tons of these snake fireworks. We all thought it looked like a pile of poo on fire - not real attractive, but a big hit with the kids, of course.

This is the life. Watching the men play with fire while trying to keep the kids from burning themselves. Left to right - Ben, Mama D, Aunt Can Can, Salyna and Andrew.

The Kennedy's have a little boy, Lincoln, that is a month older than Ben. I have always wanted a picture of them together, so this is an attempt to get one. My son has such a tiny head - sorry kid.

My baby looks so grown up on his first 4th of July.


This is blurry, but so cute!


Ah, I can't get enough Mommy and Ben pictures! Thanks for the adorable onesie Grammy.


I love you Mama D.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like everyone had a great time. The pictures of Ben with everyone are great, but the picture of Ryan with the 4th of July hat on is priceless!

Aunt Kelly said...

Hope y'all had a great birthday! I had so much fun coming to visit--Can't wait till next time!

Anonymous said...

We do need a pic of the boys together! That pic of Ryan is hilarious... kinda glad we weren't "seen" with the rest of the group in public... haha!!
~Salyna