Thursday, July 23, 2009

Finally!

I finally left Ben so Ryan and I could enjoy an evening alone to celebrate our anniversary and birthdays. It was strange to have an almost empty bag on my shoulder and to actually be able to hold my husband's hand instead of holding a baby carrier and toy, but I did enjoy myself. We went to dinner and then to see Harry Potter (a little underwhelmed again with the movies).


Our friends, Daren and Tina, kept Ben. They played, bathed him and put him to bed. Ah, the first time I haven't been the one to kiss him goodnight. But, since he still gets a dreamfeed I did get to cuddle and give him kisses after we got home. Daren and Tina are expecting their first, a boy, in September so they were excited to practice. I tried to tell Ben to give them a dirty diaper and fuss a little extra to really give them a taste of parenting, but he was his usual laid back, easy self.

1 comment:

Cara said...

So glad you got to go out. If we were closer I'd have "made" you go sooner (while stealing your baby and running out the door with him!) :)

Hope you could enjoy yourself!

Sending all three of you love from too far away!