Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Spying

Whew. I am glad yesterday is over. Ben must be going through a growth spurt or have some type of intestinal issues right now. Yesterday, he was fussy all day, wanted to be held and didn't sleep very well. We have a couple staying with us right now as they go through the week-long interview process at World Impact. I feel badly for them since Ben has woken up in the night the last two nights. He has continued to work on the ability to roll over, but only in his crib when he is supposed to be asleep. He startles himself and lets out a good scream when he plops over.

Sixteen candidates are participating in the week-long interview process here. That means the World Impact campus is busy with people coming and going all day long. We live directly across the street, so I can see everything :) Ben and I have tried to sit out on the porch every day and wave to all our friends. One day, one of my friends, Salyna, drove across to our driveway and insisted in getting a picture of us on the porch. I am so glad she did! We look like we are having fun, don't we? On a different day, Ryan and I were sitting on the porch and two of the staff members that are here as assessors drove across to come see us and peak at Ben sleeping in his crib. So fun! I love being able to feel connected even though I am not actually involved in the interview processes.

One day while "spying" out my window across to the World Impact campus, I saw the same family that played in the pool with Ben last weekend (2 posts ago) out riding bikes and sitting in the shade, so we went to join them. Their oldest daughter Sydni is such a little mother and adores Ben (she has a 4.5 month old brother). She is a pro at holding him, able to switch arms and everything. Ben had a great time! Sydni is the daughter of Salyna, who took the picture of Ben and I on the porch. When seeing Ben in his Bumbo up on the swing, she said, "Mom, you aren't supposed to have that on an elevated surface." Ha! She is right. The large sticker clearly states that you aren't to put a baby in the Bumbo on an elevated surface. She will make a great mother one day!

I told you our friend brought back a blow gun for Ryan from Indonesia, but I didn't tell you what I got. He brought me an authentic Selendang, the preferred baby carrier among Indonesian mothers. Thanks to the internet, I found a video of how to tie it and it is pretty fun. With Ben being so fussy yesterday, I did use it a few times. How do we look? Isn't he getting long? We go for his four month check-up and shots in a couple of weeks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The two of you are too cute sitting on the porch together!