Saturday, October 10, 2009

Happy 7 Months

I am stunned by the weather change in this picture. Last month he was in shorts. Today, he was in long sleeves, sweat pants, socks and slippers.



Outtake
The rocker plays music and he does NOT like it.




Photo Shoot in the house today with this adorable hat!







It seems like a lot has changed in this past month. I mourned as I looked back at his 6 month stats and remembered he was sleeping 11 hours consecutively. His sleeping is completely messed up and I just have to believe it is teething or else I might go insane. He is waking once or twice a night. On the rare night he goes straight through, he wakes at 5am which totally messes up the rest of the day. I thrive in a structured environment, so I am feeling very lost right now as he is doing something different every day. And the weather is getting too cold to be outside much, so there is a lot of time spent cooped up in the house.

But, enough complaining. He has gotten more and more fun this past month! Watching him crawl makes me proud and makes me laugh. He can go perfectly and quickly when crawling toward something he can't have. If I am trying to get him to come to me, he moves one leg, then sits, then fall forward and moves another leg or two, then sits, then fusses, and on and on. Crazy kid. I am not fooled, I know he can do it. It is kinda nice he doesn't cruise around yet because I still don't have to worry that he will get into something off limits.

Playing in HIS cabinet in the kitchen which is full of plastic items and our wooden salad set. He has only figured out how to get the stuff at the very front. I love watching him find something new within his reach. 




He is eating a lot more solids now, including breakfast (which he used to gag and refuse). He loves the apple wagon wheel finger food, but is not a fan of the veggie sticks (even though he loves his pureed veggies). I offered some sliced banana and he just pushed it all over the tray and acted like it tasted bad even though he loves fresh bananas. Just not quite ready for finger foods and that is ok with me because it is just one more thing to think about.




He has increased his babbling and makes lots of sounds, especially b. He also "talks" when others are around now. When Grammy was visiting last week I had to take him out of a restaurant because he was talking so loud that people were beginning to stare. He wasn't fussing at all, he was perfectly happy, but soooo loud. We thought it was hilarious, but decided to be kind to the rest of the restaurant patrons that might not think my son was so cute (but really, who wouldn't think he is adorable?).

He is sitting up very steady now. He can control when he wants to fall forward for a toy or when to stay upright. If we are on the floor with him he crawls all over our legs and tries to stand up. No! Not yet kid. You haven't even completely mastered crawling yet. I know he wont be walking any time soon, but it is crazy to see him try to put his feet under himself already.

It is already getting very cold here. Today, we didn't get out of the 30s. Thank you to all my girlfriends that told me I had to have a Halo Sleepsack. Ben outgrew his first one (0-9 month size), so we got him the next size and he is snuggled up nice and cozy for the night while I type this and we will pass along his too-small ones to the new baby Jackson on staff.

Nite Nite


No comments: