Thursday, October 1, 2009

First Time Mom

Ben has still been pretty fussy, so I finally took him to see the doctor yesterday afternoon. My happy, perfect sleeper had turned into a monster and I wanted to know why! Thankfully, it is just teething. I spent a co-pay to find that out, but it was totally worth it (to me at least). Now, I can feel better about holding him extra or nursing in the middle of the night when he wakes up screaming. I don't want to create bad habits, but if my sweet, adorably perfect child is in pain, then he can have extra love from mom.

He was back to himself today. Who know what tomorrow will bring, but at least today was great. Grammy  arrives late tomorrow evening for our RMO induction ceremony on Saturday. We are very excited she is coming. The weather is gorgeous here and I can't wait to take her to the park or just run around town with the car windows down.

We went to the park with some friends this morning. This is Lincoln, who is a month older than Ben and Andrew who is 4 years old. Thanks for playing with us Kennedys!




And, this afternoon I kept Lincoln and Andrew while the grown-ups had meetings. Lincoln and Ben were hilarious together. If one had a toy, the other wanted it. As my friend recently reminded me, we are all born with a sinful nature :)




This is when Ben was 4 months and Lincoln was 5 months. Now, they are impossible to keep still. Lincoln crawls all over the place and Ben just rolls around since he hasn't mastered crawling completely yet.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have such precious friends and they have very precious children! You are a very lucky young lady!!! I am so proud of you and your mothering skills!

Great Grandma

Susan Jensen said...

No worries, Amber. =) My sister-in-law has 3 kids and she just did the same thing with her youngest. First time mother or not, you want to make sure you're not missing anything! Hope it gets better soon. We were very fortunate that Gabe did not have problems with teething. When he was about 6 months old, he got four teeth in less than two weeks and we barely would have known! He's a little toughie. We miss you guys!

Team Chamness said...

what a handsome man. can't believe how the time is flying! Hope to see you guys sometime soon!