Thursday, April 14, 2011

Happy 4 Months




At four months old, Nate is weighing in at 15 pounds, 8 ounces (50%) and measuring 24 5/8 inches (35%) with a head circumference of 16 1/8 (20%).

Nate has pretty bad eczema under his neck so the dr gave us two creams to mix and apply. Hopefully it will help. Since he can't reach up to scratch I don't know if it bothers him or not but it definitely looks nasty. My boys (all 3 of them) have such sensitive skin.

Nate is totally squirmy, never staying in one place for long. He is not a fan of tummy time and spits up almost every single time I put him on his tummy no matter when he ate last and he also gets huge boogers (gross, sorry) when on his tummy so then he can't breath well. He is sitting in his bumbo better these days so he works on his neck and head control that way.


He is intentionally grabbing things now. Sometimes it is a toy...

...other times it is a chunk of my skin or his brother's shirt.


Routine:
8am - wake and nurse
10am - nap
11am - wake and play
11:30-12pm - nurse
1-2pm - go down for nap
3pm - wake
3:30-4pm - nurse
4-7pm - some happy play, some fussy time
7pm - nurse
8-9:30pm - only happy if I hold him in the rocking chair (we are working on this one :)
9:30pm -nurse and to bed for the night

I am a lot less concerned with his routine than I was with Ben. Nate seems to only nap for short periods, but he wakes up happy and is content to play by himself or chat with me or Ben. We haven't figured out what the deal is with his evening refusal of his crib. He naps in his crib great and sleeps through the night beautifully, but there is something about the evening that he doesn't like. Who knows! We just roll with it.

He is forced to be on the go more than Ben was and he does wonderfully. He naps in his carrier like it is the best place for a nap so that makes errands with both boys quite enjoyable.

He jabbers all the time, especially if you give him your attention. He smiles constantly. He will offer a smile to anyone or anything that comes into his view. He is giggling when tickled now and it is just so darn cute! Last night he was fussing a lot (he had shots at the dr yesterday) and I started to hum just hoping maybe it would settle him. He spit his pacifier out and started laughing. The nerve of that boy! It cheered him up, but I had to be offended that he would laugh at my bad humming.

There is always more love to go around!

Occasionally I will prop Nate up in the recliner.

Ben always jumps in with him and signs (his own creation) that I need to take a picture.


No comments: