
Ben and I (and Nate) pulled out of our driveway at 8:30am last Thursday. We made it to the Oklahoma City airport and flew to Dallas. Then flew to Midland. Then drove to Andrews to see family. Then to Denver City to stay with family. Then, Ben was gone. It was as if we finally got to our final destination and he disappeared. I didn't find the Ben I know until we got back home to Kansas. He barely ate anything the entire time we were there. He whined about everything. He basically got whatever he wanted from whomever he wanted it (except his mother who had to turn a blind eye, but never participate in the spoiling). Ben and I (and Nate) joyfully pulled back into our driveway at 3:30pm yesterday. The Ben I know is mysteriously back! We have a few re-training things to do, but overall he is completely back to normal. Yeah!
Here are a lot of pictures from our attempt at fun. Actually, I think I am the only one that didn't have as much fun as I thought it would be. All the grandparents, great grandparents and aunts thought he was just fabulous. They loved caving into everything he asked for. He loved getting everything he asked for. I couldn't stand watching all my hard work look like nothing. Motherhood lesson learned.
Now for the picture overload... Videos tomorrow or Thursday.
First stop in Andrews to see my Grandparents, aunt, uncle and cousins on my dad's side.

Great Grandma Sherrill playing basketball with Ben. He knew what to do but couldn't throw the ball up high enough.
Mama D spoiled him way too much. He had an electric 4 wheeler waiting for him. He was scared of it at first, but he quickly got the hang of it.
Aunt Can Can played with Ben for hours! She is the best babysitter I have ever had. Ben was only happy when outside. We even suffered outside at 54 degrees one morning so he could play.

The horse's name is Duke. I learned how to ride on him. It was important that Ben meet Duke. He was not thrilled.
Oh yes, 30 weeks pregnant and I got up on Duke bareback. Everyone was holding their breath, even Duke.


Just for you Can!This proves that they did anything to make him happy. He was given a grilled cheese picnic style.
My mom took us to Fiddlesticks Farm in Midland. It has lots of baby animals, lots of fun stuff for little ones and a corn maze. Ben was happy for maybe 10 minutes and then screamed his head off. Remember, not the kid I thought I left the house with.My favorite cowboy!
This was his favorite part but it was so hard for me to squat and use the levers because he couldn't actually do any of it himself.
So after the drama at Fiddlesticks, my mom took us to a fun yogurt place with a really great little play area. He loved it! Of course. My mom spent tons at the farm where he screamed then barely anything for yogurt and he loved it.










2 comments:
That stinks that he was so different! A lot of 'deep breath' moments, I'm sure ;) Love his mohawk...absolutely 100% boy! Also, your comment about getting on the horse made me giggle...how funny!
Looks like you guys, *ahem* Ben, had a wonderful time! The family looks great!
Post a Comment