Thursday, October 28, 2010

Invented Signs

Ben has invented some new signs recently. Here are the explanations and then enjoy the short video demonstration.
  • He has a video of Elmo teaching him about his elbow. I am sure he has seen it less than 5 times, but you will see his sign for when he wants to watch that video.
  • He has a complete infatuation with chapstick and Vaseline right now. He made us this sign for it and unless you apply it for him, that is precisely where he puts it. And lots of it!
  • Daddy puts his shaver on Ben's face some mornings. Ben has begun to ask for it.
  • When Ben and I were in Texas he got to talk to Daddy on the phone a lot. Before the trip he was never allowed to touch the phone. Now he signs for it constantly - and even signs to other people begging for their phone. When Ben and I first got back Ryan was worried his ear was hurting since he hadn't been with us to see the invention of this sign.
  • Finally, teeth brushing. He has an electric toothbrush that he loves to hold on his tongue. Mommy gets a turn first, then Ben to ensure the actual teeth are cleaned.

1 comment:

Lauren Zaffos said...

How funny! I love how kids create their own little language :) Oh, the phone dilemma! Is that also the sign for 'hear'? How are you feeling? I love seeing your belly grow!

When did you start allowing Ben to watch TV? Just curious. Briseis isn't too interested just yet because we haven't had one in our living room, but with our recent Christmas gift from Peter's parents (42 in plasma=Peter in heaven) I know the day is coming :)