
I went for my 32 week check-up yesterday morning. Ben came along and was not a fan this time! We had a hard time getting my weight because Ben insisted on clinging to my leg on the scale. I don't know what had him so freaked out, but he and I did not lose physical contact the entire time visit. It is in moments like that when I am terrified to bring a newborn home. ha.
At this appointment I had only gained less than a pound (not quite my usual) and my doctor said I was measuring exactly the same, meaning no growth in two weeks. She asked if I thought the baby had dropped. I am definitely not a woman that is in tune with her body, so I don't know if he has dropped or not. I don't feel any different...I don't think. She didn't seem too worried since Nate is a very active baby, but said we would do a sonogram in two weeks if there wasn't any significant growth. It has me a little freaked out, but she wasn't too worried so I will try not to stress. I have been much more attentive to Nate's activity since yesterday morning though. There is so much going on in our lives right now that honestly, this pregnancy is just another thing on my to-do list. Poor baby #2.
I am constantly asked about the differences in these two pregnancies. So much of the actual pregnancy seems the same, but my attention to it and emotions about it are different. Lacking may actually be a good word for it. I have so much going on with our church planting efforts and the day-to-day chasing of a very active toddler keeps my mind off the fact that we are crazy enough to be adding another little one to our organized chaos. That is, until I sit down after Ben's bedtime and realize my feet are swollen and my body aches and I have heartburn...then I remember! With Ben's pregnancy, everything was so new and I was reading constantly to stay informed of what was going on with my body and how to care for him once he arrived. With Nate, I feel like I just did all this yesterday so I don't read my weekly email updates, I haven't gotten out my books and his room is full of baby items, but in no particular organized way. Heck, he doesn't even have a crib in his room right now because Ben is still using it!
Don't get me wrong though, we are thrilled to be having Nate and anxious to see how his presence will change our little family dynamic. As with all things in life, it will be an adjustment at first and then we will find a new normal and I will learn how to juggle one more thing and we will keep going! That can be your prayer for us - that God prepare us now for the changes that will come and that we quickly find our new normal in our home and for me in my World Impact roles.
Woah. Is Ben really that big? Is Nate really going to be that small?
1 comment:
I think i missed this post last time I checked your blog, for some odd reason.
Briseis measured weeks and weeks small (behind) and we finally had to have an ultrasound. She was measuring 6 weeks small and they got really worried. (apparently she was fine, just very low and small). It is really common in long torsoed women, and women who are very active...hello, toddler life :) You might just be carrying Nate low...and with being on your feet running around all day, the kiddo is bound to be dropping! :)
Just wanted to offer some encouragement!
Post a Comment