We went to our favorite vacation spot, the Eagle's Nest cabin at the state park in Toronto, Kansas. We had some very generous friends watch Ben Sunday night while we unloaded everything and enjoyed our first evening without Ben since his birth. It was weird and very different, but fun. Then, we picked him up Monday afternoon and began family vacation. He likes being outdoors so much that he just loved everything about it. We took him there last Thanksgiving, but of course he doesn't remember it. It was fun to see how he has changed and what he enjoyed and got into this trip. I have posted tons of pictures below, taken with my new camera that Ben and Ryan got me for Mother's Day. I love it.
Definitely my new favorite. I love this kid!
.jpg)
Out for a walk.
.jpg)

He loved the loose gravel - played in it for hours.
.jpg)
We tried the playground, but he is too small for anything.
.jpg)
.jpg)
This was the only thing he could really reach. He kept going back to it.
.jpg)
Oops - do you see that bump? We were both watching him as he slid down the slide and somehow he still bumped his head and got a nice goose egg.
.jpg)
Nothing like a sink style bath.
.jpg)
Sink bath last Thanksgiving!

The view from our deck as the fog began to lift over the lake.
.jpg)
Hiking...
.jpg)
...is tiring.
.jpg)
A mommy and me shot.
.jpg)
What you lookin at?
.jpg)
Something obviously wasn't going his way.
.jpg)
Cheerios snack in Daddy's chair. Now that is livin' the life.
2 comments:
Wow he really is growing up so fast. Looks like you guys had a good trip. Oh, and I adore the sink bath photos! He'll appreciate you later for those!
I love your posts. Your little man is getting so big! That "Whatcha lookin at?" picture is absolutley adorable.
So how was your night without Ben? We are going to leave Briseis with my mom in January for our anniversary and I'm excited but nervous. I think some people think moms like you and I are crazy that we've never left our children overnight before....but thats what happens when you don't have family nearby! :)
Keep the posts coming. I LOVE reading!
By the way, how are you feeling these days?
Post a Comment