Friday, May 14, 2010

13-14 month update

I totally quit doing the monthly updates after Ben turned one. I didn't really plan to quit, I just forgot. So, no more pictures in the rocking chair since I have missed months 13 and 14. Oops. I have probably told you most of what's going on in random posts, but here is a list of all the new things he is doing that I can think of at the moment.
  • He wants his plate or bowl on his high chair tray, not a bite or two at a time.
  • He likes to use his spoon although he only hits his mouth half of the time.
  • Some days he can't get enough green peas, the next day he refuses them completely - same thing with all kinds of food.
  • He takes directions very well. I told him we could go outside, but he had to get his shoes and he went straight to his room and got them!
  • We have had to start mouthing words or spelling things like o-u-t-s-i-d-e and g-o because he knows exactly what we are talking about and is greatly distressed if we do not follow through.
  • He is up to five signs: more, please, hungry, thank you, all done. We are working on outside and clean-up.
  • He walks everywhere now. Crawling is for babies. Sometimes he thinks he can run, but then falls. Thankfully, we haven't had any injuries. He mostly falls back on his bum which is a huge blessing.
  • He has decided to walk with both hands behind his back. And he plays with his fingers while he does it. Hilarious!
  • He would play outside all day every day if I would let him.
  • He can climb up on the couch by himself now which he thinks is the best thing ever.
  • He waves to everyone he sees, especially other children. Thankfully, most people wave or say hi back.
  • Words - We are pretty sure he says "what's that." He points to everything and says the exact same sounds that sounds like what's that. He has said "ni ni" once for nite nite, but I am not counting it officially yet because he hasn't said it again. Other than those, he just babbles and says mama and dada all the time.
  • He can't make up his mind if he likes mama or dada better. One day he will prefer Ryan and leap from my arms to get to him. The next day it will be the opposite and he wont let me put him down.
  • It seems like he knows something is about to dramatically change his world. He has been especially clingy lately, but also especially excited every time he seems another kid.
Now some cute pictures:

Plumber Ben
I still love towel pictures.
My 2 crazy blue-eyed boys.
Walking with his hands behind his back...everywhere he goes!
Working hard for mommy. Somebody has to.
I love this boy!
And I LOVE this picture.
What can I find in here?
He loves these shoes. He begs to put them on, tries to do it himself but can't and resorts to our help. They are 1.5 sizes too big. He flops around in them like a clown.
In pregnancy new, this baby is affecting me differently so far than Ben did. I am tired some days, lots of energy other days. I am hungry all day some days, don't need a snack other days. I am nauseous almost all day most days, but am not actually throwing up any. It is totally different now that I have a 14 month old to keep up with all day. Mornings are especially hard because Ben likes to eat breakfast the moment he wakes up. He signs hungry before we even make it from the crib to the kitchen. Ryan has been a tremendous help. I love that he works from home right now because I can beg for his help and he comes to my rescue!

2 comments:

Lauren Zaffos said...

Awww, I'm sorry you are sick :( I'd come play with Ben if I lived closer so you could nap! So happy for you guys. That picture of him walking with his hands behind his back is super cute. I also love the towel picture and the shot of the two of you. Yay for mommy/baby pictures!

Kimberly said...

Hope that you feel better. Jackson's pregnancy has been opposite of James' too, hence why I though Jackson was going to be a girl. Hang in there! The monthly posts are tough after they turn one and especially when you feel bad. We are on month 21, however I am going to stop at 24 months. Jackson will be lucky if I make it to a year with his posts because I am sure with them being 21 months apart I am going to be busy, busy. Thinking about yall. ;)