I completely forgot to post the finished product of the comparison pictures throughout this first year.
He visited the pediatrician last Monday and we were told everything looks wonderful and he seems to be progressing perfectly. He still had a little of his cold so it was nice to have him checked out and make sure nothing had moved to his ears or chest.
Weight: 21 pounds - 25%
Height: 28.25 inches - 25% (I don't think that is right. The nurse measured before I even had him completely laid down. Ugh.)
Head: 18 1/8 inches - 50% (woohoo for a growing head)
He is still not letting go and taking any more steps than the 3 he took on his birthday. He does cruise everything at lightening speed and crawls even faster.
He is full of personality and certainly understanding more and more. He likes to nod his head now. I can ask if he is hungry and he will nod yes and crawl to the high chair. I can ask if he is ready for nite nite (nap or bed time) and he will nod yes and immediately lay his head on my shoulder while we walk to his room (pretty much the only cuddles I can get out of my squirmy worm).
When Ryan calls to say he is coming home Ben recognizes the ringer and goes to the front door to wait.
He is starting to mimic the sounds of words. When we say "all done" he signs and says "ah duh." He also uses the sign for all done for anything and everything that he is tired of doing. With his cold, I have had to suck his nose quite often and wipe it with tissues and he adamantly signs all done while I do both tasks. He also uses his sign when getting a diaper change. He used to love the changing table, but no longer. It is a wrestling match these days. He will throw a toy that he is tired of and sign all done as it rolls away. I could go on and on. At least he uses it correctly.
Back to words - I tell him "up" when he pulls at my pants to be held and he says "uh." When Ryan isn't around he will say "dadadada" and go looking for him. When I am not around he says "mamama" and comes looking for me. So sweet. When my mom was visiting last week she was making some oatmeal for him for breakfast and she reported that he said "mamama" - good boy, he knows his mama makes his oatmeal in the mornings!
He loves to throw his balls and any other toy for that matter. He has quite a good overhand throw that makes his daddy proud. He generally throws with his left hand, but feeds himself with his right. Who knows.
He is starting to want things repeated. If something is funny or fun to do, let's do it a million times!
He continues to love to 'read' his books. He likes for us to read them to him, but he turns the pages so fast that we really don't get many words read. But, we go through this over and over with all the books or just again and again with one book. I think all the Mercer Mayer, The Very Hungry Caterpillar and Brown Bear Brown Bear are among his favorites.
We think he might be cutting a molar right now, so say some prayers for us. Lots of drool, fussiness and the entire hand in his mouth at all times.
A new thing - when he fake laughs he squints his eyes and moves his bottom jaw sideways, very weird looking :) Yeah for cute pajamas!

No comments:
Post a Comment