On Super Bowl Sunday, I got to do the girly activity of jewelry making and then do the manly activity of watching the game on a big projection screen. Does life get better than that?
Jewelry making was tons of fun. Becky, a World Impact staff lady at the ranch an hour from Wichita, taught me how to make jewelry. I have never tried it before. Becky's mom used to make a lot of jewelry and passed down all her beads and tools to Becky. She had some amazing stuff!!! She had real pearls and crystals and more real stones than I even knew existed. Three other staff girls came over before the Super Bowl and we all sipped pink lemonade or water from my cute little glasses and made jewelry.
In the picture below, I am trying desperately to hold the beads and cut where Becky told me to.

Everyone else had done this before...they are just watching me struggle at this!

This is my creation - I used a stone called Unakite and four little crystals for some glitter! I didn't get a good picture of it - the stones are gorgeous.

Then, across the street to the big game. It was the best Super Bowl spread I have ever enjoyed. Becky's husband smoked lamb and pork chops, chicken pieces and wings and hot links. I couldn't pass up the hot links, so I didn't even try the lamb - it was football food, you can't have the finer things in life at a football watching party. Yummy.

Look at that screen! Ryan spent a few hours on Saturday helping two other guys get all the wiring set up to watch the game on the screen. This is the commons area of World Impact. I think there were about 40 people there - staff members, friends and people from our new church plant.

This is everyone watching the 3-D commercial at half time. The grown men were much more excited than the kids which was funny to watch.
No comments:
Post a Comment