Do you know that childhood song?
There were 4 in the bed and the little one said,
"Roll over...Roll over."
So they all rolled over and 1 fell out.
There were 3 in the bed and the little one said...
While getting situated in bed last night, I decided it was finally time to admit that there are actually four people in our bed each night. No, we haven't invited extras to share our family bed. The four in our bed are: Ryan, myself, Ben (the big tummy) and Doug.
Yes, Doug. I have named my current favorite cuddle partner, my body pillow. For some strange reason I gave the pillow this name when I first started sleeping with it early in my pregnancy. I have kept its name a secret for obvious reasons, but have decided to come clean now. It is a big joke in our family now. I try to tell Ryan that he only get 1/4 of the bed so that the rest of us get our fair share of sleeping space, but he still insists on getting 1/2. That means that me, Ben and Doug all have to huddle together on our half. Ben and I cuddle pretty close, but Doug is quite a chore to pick up and move when Ben and I decide to roll over.
Like all not-so-pleasant things in life, I am ready for a change. I know that once Ben is born I will have the pleasure of tummy sleeping again and will no longer feel that huge pull on my lower belly when I try to roll over, but I will trade that in for being awakened by crying and demands for late night feedings and diaper changes. I am ready for the change, something new.
Leave me a comment and tell me anything crazy you did in pregnancy, like naming your body pillow.
5 comments:
I obviously have zero crazy pregnancy adventures to share, but the little song is something Ray sings to me. Except in his version, it's "There were three in the bed and the little one said, roll over, I'm crowded."
Tell Doug Hi. :o)
I don't think we did anything too weird during my pregnancy, but we do name our furniture sometimes. And just so you are not surprised - you will not be able to sleep on your stomach for a while after Ben is born, especially if you are breast-feeding. Believe me, it just won't be comfortable. I have only been able to return to tummy sleeping in the last month or so (gabe is 11 months old now!). The good news is, you will probably be tired enough you won't care how you get your sleep! Best of luck to you in these last few weeks! I had lunch with Leslie Kibby the other day and caught up on a lot of the old gang from Park Cities. We miss you guys.
Ok...no pregnancy stories to share...but as I read your blog, I was just sure that Doug was Ben's twin that you just found out about!...until I got to the end. :)
I was thinking, "Poor Ryan," but it sounds like he's still getting his full share of the bed. Poor Amber. I bet it's tough only getting 1/3 of 1/2 of the bed!
We totally called my body pillow my Boyfriend. :) So it was "scoot over my boyfriend needs more room" or Adam saying "your boyfriend always gets in between us" :) - I also agree about the belly sleeping, it's difficult at first, but I did it anyway (even while breastfeeding. I remember just wanting the next thing. Hang in there only a few weeks to go!
haha Amber. Doug. That's really funny! Thanks for sharing! :)
You may not like sleeping on your tummy when you are nursing. When you are full of milk, the last thing you want to do is put pressure on it. At least that was my experience. But all that to say, I really enjoy nursing! I wouldn't trade it for anything. =)
Post a Comment