Thursday, January 15, 2009

Mommy Poll & Wedding Pictures

I am polling all mommies that read my blog:
Will my hips and legs stop hurting when I sleep after I have Ben?
Comment with your experience.


Here are pictures from my sister's wedding. She was a beautiful princess.Mr. & Mrs. Smith



I made the chocolates for their reception (I even made Buckeyes on sticks, Cara!)

My sisters are giving Ben some love.

My sister is silly. This was totally posed.

Candice's fabulous friend, Katy, took this picture and shared it with me. Love it.

Ah, so cute and happy. I'm trying to remember that feeling from my wedding.

Isn't she lovely. Isn't she wonderful.

First look at herself in the brides room when we were getting ready.

I wish them all the fun and excitement that marriage offers.

If you want a copy of one of these pictures, email me for the jpeg rather than trying to copy and paste from here.

6 comments:

Cara said...

It's like Magic once you have the little one. No more legs cramps and hips feeling displaced. But you do trade it in for different ouchies. Trust me. :) Luckily it's totally worth it to have that little on in your arms!

Darby said...

Your sis is totally glowing & beautiful--it must run in the fam!
I'd like to answer your question with a question made up of your own words: "When I sleep?"

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous group of sisters!

In my own experience...hips no longer hurt when sleeping. After Kev, though, I'm pretty sure things aren't 100% lined back up correctly because they get achy if I've been running or if I'm on my feet for a long time. I do think that it's because he dropped a month before he was born, though, so those joints were way more stretched out than with Kenzi.

But wait until the first time you lay on your stomach again! What a weird sensation that is.

Susan Jensen said...

Ahhh, sleeping on my stomach again...so exciting! As for the hips, mine didn't stop hurting right away. I did have a C-section, so it may be a slightly different experience. It took at least a few more weeks before I was sleeping somewhat comfortably again. Last night I slept from 11 - 7:15 without waking up. It was miraculous!

Edwin and Lilly said...

Gorgeous pictures! Your sister's wedding looks beautiful. =)

Thankfully, I guess I was spared in that my legs and hips didn't really hurt. I was able to do lots of squats up unto the day of delivery to "prepare those muscles"! =)

Haha... I like what Darby said... "When I sleep?"! Yes, sleeping (any form or fashion) is going to be precious especially with a newborns 2-3 hours of feeding round the clock! And especially if you choose to breastfeed -- there's no relief for mommy, even if daddy wants to help. =) You don't want to introduce bottles (even of pumped breastmilk) until the 3rd or 4th week, so the baby can learn to suck well.

BUT...it's all SO worth it... and I've been loving being a mom!

-lilly

Edwin and Lilly said...

whoops. didn't mean to scare you in my entry above. I meant "EVERY" 2-3 hours of feeding. Not 2-3 hours feeding. Big difference. Yeah, don't worry, they don't eat that LONG. But they eat frequently (every 2-3 hours)!