Monday, September 10, 2012

Grammy & Papa Tom Visit with bonus pics

Grammy and Papa Tom came for Labor Day weekend. It was a short visit, but we had tons of fun!

Backyard play
 
 Grammy must have said something very silly.
 Boys will be boys, right?
 Puzzles
They took us for our first time to a hands-on zoo! You can feed and/or touch lots of the animals. So much fun!

The boys weren't real sure about how close the giraffe was getting. 
 Family shot!
 I was holding a syrup to feed the birds. The obvious boss of the bird group jumped right on my hand and ate the whole thing while fending off the others. It was a bit more than I bargained for, but fun.
This is as close as Nate would get. Ben wouldn't get that close even!
 We got to pet kangaroos! Some of them had joeys in their pouches that we could see wiggling around!
 Ben touched the tortoise.
 Watching the tortoises - they are faster than you might think.
 Watching penguins with Grammy and Papa Tom.
 Ben wanted to ride the horse. He paid his money and proudly walked up to it. Then, quickly fussed and tried to get off...
 ...so Nate rode instead!
 Papa Tom had treats!
 
In other news.

Ben has taken an interest in learning his letters. He recognizes most of them (something I only learned today). He has chosen his left hand. And we thought he had switched to his right. Oh brother! I can't figure him out.
Nate does a little art from time to time too!
 Both boys like to dress up in our old costumes! Is he not the sweetest horse?
Ben came out looking like this and said, "Look mom! I'm a babysitter!" Random. No idea where that came from.
 One afternoon Ben was very excited for me to come see how they had cleaned the playroom. This is what I found - we usually have two rugs in the playroom. Hum? 
 And then he so proudly showed me this! All their toys and rugs on MY bed!
 Nate has taken an interest in the potty. Nothing has happened yet! Just a lot of up and down and up and down. 
I co-hosted a baby shower for a friend on staff. We had a blast making this is a wonderful evening to honor the new mom whose baby surprisingly came four weeks early and spent two weeks in the hospital! It was quite special to be able to do this for her.

With flash so you can see it all.
 With the soft lights and candles! So fun!
We also got to celebrate Ben's best buddy's 3rd birthday this past weekend!
My sweet boys!
 This cracks me up. The battery doesn't work so they took turns trying to push.
 A new buddy that just moved to Wichita! He is just a little older than Ben so we are thrilled that Ben will have someone in his grade (school. ugh. I can't think about that yet).  
That's all for now!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

It looks like it was a fun visit. As for the animals, I don't blame Ben. I'm good with cats and most dogs, after that it gets a bit dicey for me.

School? What? Ugh. You and your boys make me feel old.