Ah, the first time Nate came home with a name tag sticker!
CBS meets every Wednesday for two hours! This will be such a wonderful time for the boys to gain some independence and for me to have some time in the Word with other ladies.
Wednesday, September 5, 2012
First Day of School
Today I began Community Bible Study. This will be the first time in Wichita that I have done a study outside of World Impact and the first time the boys have been in any kind of childcare. I was talking to Ben about it last night and he was so excited. He said, "Mom, I have been asking and asking and asking to go to school!" I don't remember all this asking that he is talking about, but I was glad he was excited. Now, the few times we have spoken in a church and taken the boys to the nursery, Ben talks all about it the whole drive there and then freaks out when we get to the door and refuses to go in. Today, we got lucky and his best friend Jackson was pulling into the parking lot at the same time we did. They held hands and proudly walked all the way in to their classroom and Ben never even turned to say goodbye. I was too excited about this big step for my firstborn to be sad that he wasn't going to miss me. A few hours later though and it makes me a little misty that he is growing up. Nate screamed and didn't want me to leave, but he was happy quickly (they tell me) and did great! When I asked Ben about his favorite part of CBS he said, "Going to my first grade!" He is so proud that he is a big boy. I'm proud but also a little reluctant to admit that my baby is growing up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment