Sunday, December 4, 2011
All About Ben
Nate gets his monthly post, but then I get behind in telling you what Ben is up to. These boys never pause. They never stop. Ben says something funny all the time. Nate learns something new every day.
Here are some funny Ben moments. Some of them are pretty old. I think I posted some of them to facebook so many of you might have already heard them.
Ben: "When will she put stuff in those feets?"
Amber: "Huh?"
Ben: "Is Santa a guy or a girl?"
Amber: "Guy."
Ben: "When will HE put stuff in those feets?"
Amber: "You mean the stockings?"
Ben: "Yeah!"
I told Ben I was going outside to get our Christmas tree from the storage shed. I returned with a big red Rubbermaid tub. He looked very confused and asked, "That's our tree?" After having a real tree all my childhood, I felt a little sad that I was giving him a tree that fits in a tub.
A while back Ryan taught Ben to say "You're the bomb, mom!" At dinner one night Ryan did something bomb-worthy and Ben said, "You're the Mommy!"
When tucking Ben into bed he told Ryan, "When you leave I will pick my nose and it will be funny!" He often tells us this when we buckle him into the carseat too. We are trying not to fight it right now bc the more we talk about it, the more he does it. I don't know that it is effective.
Ben tries to get Nate to play Hide & Seek with him. Nate finally made it back to Ben's room and Ben gladly said to him, "Come join me, Nate." Ben will tell Nate to hide and then run off, but Nate is always right behind him. Ben gets frustrated because Nate wont wait for him to hide.
During our recent trip to Texas we met with tons of people. Once getting home, Ben started shaking Nate's hand and saying, "Welcome to meet you!"
After reading "When I Get Bigger" by Mercer Mayer before bed one night I asked Ben, "What do you want to be when you grow up?" Without hesitating he said, "Daddy!"
Ben is totally fixated on being a "grown up." He wants to know who is and is not a grown up and where on the sliding scale they eat fall. We talk about it constantly!
His vocabulary stuns us regularly. He uses words like probably and almost in regular dialogue (I will probably like to go outside after watching Diego.)
He totally gets prepositions. He tells us what he will do and when. I will take a nap and after I will up I will have a snack and then we will go run errands. Or something like that!
After every nap and some mornings when waking up he comes out of his room, shuts his door and says loudly, "Somebody's coooooming!" It is the cutest.
He thinks monsters are fun and friendly. We all get to be the monster sometimes and it is usually a very silly moment.
He has finally started sleeping under the sheets and covers on his bed and magically is sleeping until 7am or later. WOOHOO!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment