Sunday, October 16, 2011

Happy 10 Months

 
Ben wanted to participate in the monthly picture.

One again I am late on posting Nate's monthly update. He is 10 months old now! This past month he has started self-feeding, waving, giving kisses, pulling up and cruising! That seems like way too many milestones at once. He is crawling at lightening speed these days and will follow Ben anywhere and everywhere. He is very independent and lets his big brother know that he will not be pushed around. There is a specific grunt that he gives Ben that can always be interpreted as "Get off me!" 



He does adore his big brother though. Ben recently came into the kitchen where Nate was playing on the floor and asked if Nate could come to his room with him. I told him to talk to Nate about it. He got down on the ground and said, "Nate, do you want to come play in my room with me?" Then, got up and walked a couple of steps, then beckoned Nate, then took a few more steps. Nate followed him all the way to his room! It was the cutest thing. 
Danger is always just around the corner. No one was hurt in the taking of this picture.
He still has no teeth and there is no sign of one coming. He just happily gums down all his food. We realized that his high chair was restricting the movement of his arms because it has a 5 point harness. We put him in Ben's booster that just has the waist belt and he likes that much better. That meant Ben got to pick out a new (cheaper) chair from the store and he thought that was pretty cool. He has much more freedom in the new-to-him chair, but is still perfectly safe in it. He looks so grown up in it. I have not been very disciplined about giving him a cup at meals so he is not very efficient at getting a drink himself yet. We only ask him to sign "more" and he still claps as his sign. We need to show him more signs! Breakfast is often the most fun meal time for some reason. We all four eat something different for breakfast and usually the boys eat first, then I eat and Ryan eats right before leaving for work. Ben and Nate will sit by each other and just laugh and stay at the table for quite a while. It is a good time to check email and get the day started!
He is currently wearing 9 month pants and 18 month tops! I just packed away Ben's 18 month clothes - some of them are still in his closet. There was a day when they were both wearing 18 month shirts. They are built so differently!
His eczema - It is mostly under control right now but I am getting worried about the coming cold. His skin is so very sensitive. The backs of his knees are almost always a little red and nasty and I try to keep them medicated. His ankles are horribly dry and sometimes bleed. He only gets a bath every 3 days or so and I use special soap and lotions for him. I really hope he grows out of this!

No comments: