There are days that I don't love my job as caregiver to my not-always-perfect children. That should come as no surprise to anyone that has raised a child or been around children much. They aren't always full of smiles and cuddles. Sometimes they through tantrums. Sometimes they refuse to nap. Sometimes the snot is smeared all over their face and your shoulder. It is not a glamorous job in any way.
Ryan has been teaching a class on Thursday evenings so that leaves me to do bath and bedtime alone. Last Thursday Ben had a really rough day and I was doing everything to keep my cool until he finally went to bed. I walked past the bathroom after putting Nate to bed and saw this.
Even in all my frustration I had to stop and smile (and grab my camera). I had never even seen him play on his tummy in the tub.
Tuesday and yesterday Ben refused to take a nap, just screamed in his room. Yesterday Nate didn't nap except for an hour while I wore him in the Moby. They were long days. Today Ben was perfectly quiet soon after going down for his nap. Nate went down 15 minutes later. I had an entire hour of perfect peace and quiet. It was amazing. I thanked God for the promise of each new day. An hour later however they both woke up within minutes of each other just screaming their heads off. They both continued on like this for quite some time. TV fixed it for Ben (yeah, yeah, go ahead and judge me) and the football hold did it for Nate.
Tonight I sit here waiting for my husband to come home and I have an hour of peace and quiet again. Thank you God that tomorrow has the promise of a fresh start again. And the next day. And the next. Thank you God for the amazing little boys that you have given to me...even if I don't fully appreciate them as often as I should.
No comments:
Post a Comment