Wednesday, May 18, 2011

In My Next Life

Being around missionaries constantly, I often hear the phrase "in my previous life." Many missionaries worked 8am-5pm jobs in corporate America before giving it all up for the glamour of missions. I don't really have a "previous life" to refer to, but I am honing some skills that I think I might could use one day if they kick me out of here. (That is a joke. I have no intention of leaving anytime soon.)

I was able to make a diaper cake for a lady in our church that is expecting her fifth child. She said she has never had a baby shower before so I wanted to make it extra special. I had so much fun doing this.

It all began with an online purchase from my favorite place to buy diapers.
276 diapers to be exact!
It took me about an hour and a half to roll all of them and secure them with little rubber bands.
Then, I bound them with yard to make the tiers. Ben helped!
Then, the pretty ribbon!
And some toys and baby stuff as decoration.
All done. They have 2 boys and 2 girls - hence the little green bags and balls.
I have the most beautiful flowers in front of our house, but we had a cold front come through and no flowers are blooming. I had to go with this silk flower, but my real one would have been better.
It took up its fair share on the table at the party.
Completely unprompted, this is what Ben had to say about my work. I just grabbed the camera and asked him to say it again.

No comments: