Monday, May 9, 2011

Happy 5 Months

My happy little boy is 5 months old now. He is getting more personality these days and that is a lot of fun to watch. He reaches and holds on to everything. He still doesn't like tummy time. He can roll from his tummy to his back but he rarely does. He prefers to fuss until I rescue him. He is in the stage where he prefers to move from toy or activity every 5 minutes. Bumbo...entertainer...activity mat...back to the bumbo. And it just keeps going.

Did you notice the scratches on Nate's forehead? He wont stop scratching himself and I am powerless to stop him. He leaves huge marks. I clip and file his nails as much as I can. I check for sharp spots, but somehow he still takes a chunk out of his forehead while in his crib.

The biggest change this past month is his night time sleeping. He is finally going to bed at 7:30-7:45pm without any effort from me. Last month he was still refusing his crib at bedtime and I would hold him in the recliner until the dreamfeed. Now, he nurses at 7pm while Ryan bathes Ben. I put on his jammies, zip his sleep sack and walk out. Done. He goes right to sleep. It just happened and I'm not sad it did! Thank you Lord from giving us our evenings back. Maybe I can keep this blog up a little better. Maybe.

Nate is a back sleeper. I don't see him moving to his tummy anytime soon.
This month he has found a best friend. His thumb! I was using the pacifier with him for most naps, but he definitely prefers his thumb over his pacifier now. When I lay him in the crib he will roll onto his left side, put his left thumb in and generally go right to sleep.

Nate loves his bath. Ben doesn't like sharing the tub so much. Nate is a huge splasher and Ben is not a fan. In the video Ben is complaining about water in his ears. I know the focus goes at the end, but I love that Nate tries to push off his brother. Oh the fun that will be had when Nate is older!


Routine:
8-8:30am - wake and nurse
9:30-10am - down for nap
11-11:30am - wake and play
11:30-12pm - nurse
1:30-2pm - go down for nap
3pm - wake
3:30-4pm - nurse
4-5pm - play
5pm - go down for nap
6-7pm - play
7pm - nurse
7:30-7:45pm - to bed
9:30pm - dreamfeed

Cuteness
Ben cannot stand for Nate to play alone.
Nate entertains himself just fine without big brother's "help".

No comments: