This past weekend all the missionaries on the Wichita staff were able to get away to Morning Star Ranch for 24 hours. We actually brought in a speaker and had childcare for the 4 kids. I actually held a Bible in my lap and listened to a speaker. It was very odd at first to not have a squirmy toddler to keep quiet :) There were definitely times I was completely distracted and looking out the window to see if my child was ok, but overall, I did hear what the speaker said and enjoyed it greatly. It was also great fun to just hang out with the other missionaries and enjoy each other. We are actually all pretty good friends, but we are usually working so just playing games and enjoying each other away from the city was fantastic. Ben had a great time too!
Hamming it up with his PBJ!



Playing games after the kids were in bed. There was lots of loud laughter!

Just hanging out before the session began.

"No, what are you doing to me?"
The water was freezing and I didn't bother bringing his swimsuit bc I wasn't planning to swim.

"Over there - I want to be out of the water over there!"

"Fine, I'll wave, but I'm not happy about it."

Saying hi to Jackson who was also not a fan of the cold water.

"Yeah! I got out! Now, go far far away Uncle Matt."

Denae was one of the babysitters. She loved Ben and he loved her. She was technically off duty during swim time, but he wanted to sit with her and she loved to hold him.

Ben asked Aunt Tina to read his books to him.

Getting strapped in to the fun line with Daddy.

Wishing he was big enough to play Human Foosball with all the grown-ups. Too bad he had to sit out with his preggo mommy.


My favorite part of the Fun Line video is all the cheering for Ben. We may not be related, but Ben's Aunts and Uncles here love him to pieces! We could not be more blessed.
2 comments:
He just gets cuter and cuter...:) Glad you had some time to yourself and community with others!
BTW, I love that there are pictures with YOU in them :)
Post a Comment