Saturday, August 28, 2010

We're Back

Well, we didn't actually go anywhere, but lately it felt like Ben and I took a quick trip to the funny farm. Ben's teething had him thrown off so badly that sleeping was just horrible and it trickled down into his mood. He misbehaved so badly in public a couple of times that I just had to come home and cry. In all my stressing and frustration Ryan so wisely asked me if his bad behavior was at a certain time of day. Why, yes, it was - around 11am. Before we started the nap push he would have gone down at 10am. So, maybe he was just so tired at 11am that he didn't know what else to do but act out. (BTW - he certainly misbehaves sometimes, but he was acting so far out of his character!) So, we put him down at 10am yesterday and he slept 10-12pm and woke up happy. Then, we put him down for his afternoon nap at 3pm and he slept 3-5:25pm. He only got up at 5:25pm because I was getting too nervous and had to sneak in his room, but it woke him up. He was chipper and ready for dinner and still went to bed as usual at 7:45pm. Same thing happened again today. And I took him out to run errands yesterday and today and he behaved like the little angel he has always been. Ah, I feel like I am finally back to myself again and Ben is back to himself. He did get a time out today, but that was nothing! Thank you Lord. Everyone say a little prayer that this doesn't change again in a few days!

Some of our recent fun in pictures.

In my last post I had a pic of Ben trying out the bumbo again. Today he decided to try out the swing. He has been trying to get into it for weeks, but hasn't been able to figure out how to get his big body in that tiny little space. He did it today and had to try to chew the toys even.

Don't tell him he doesn't really fit!
Ben's fu man chu - eating his soy chocolate pudding.
I couldn't pick between them bc I just love those eyes in this pic.
Ryan: "Ben, where's mommy?"
Drawing with his chalk on his shoes.
Just darn cute!

1 comment:

Lauren Zaffos said...

Oh, Amber. I'm so sorry. Sorry that he wasn't sleeping and sorry that it was so stressful. Yay God that he went down for two naps again and was much happier :) I hope you were able to rest and refresh your mind as well. Parenting is so tricky sometimes!!!!! I'm giving you a high five from Texas, for being such an awesome mommy!