Thursday, August 19, 2010

Lots of Pics and Videos

Life around our house lately has been a little crazy. Ben is getting two more molars and is struggling as he does with each tooth. The last two mornings he has woken at 4:30am, fell back asleep for a few minutes, but up and not happy around 5am. That means I am tired too! We have also been pushing back the nap to give one, long afternoon nap. It was going perfectly and then these teeth started bothering him and he isn't sleeping very long at his nap either. So we are down to 1-two hour nap when he was taking 2-two hour naps. Life has been a bit unpleasant. But, in all of that, he often still finds his giggles and craziness. He makes me forget about the tiredness and the frustration (maybe only briefly) but it does make the day bearable. He still finds his sweet moments and then follows it up with a big slap to the face! Disciplining a toddler is so much harder than caring for the needs of a newborn! I may change my theory once I am caring for a newborn and disciplining a toddler that is jealous of the newborn. Time will tell.

This afternoon Ben woke early from his nap so I sat in the glider with him in Nate's room. He hasn't sat with me in the glider in well over a year. It was wonderful. I could feel Nate already picking on his big brother, kicking Ben as I held him.

Too cool for bedtime.Getting some work done.
Time for a little patio art.
Ryan and I were glad to finally have a cool enough evening to go outside again too!
Ben helped me get out all of his old clothes for Nate and even tried out the bumbo. I was surprised his actually squeezed in there. I asked him to smile and this is what he did.
Again, I asked him to smile and he gave me this look.
I bought these tablets you can put in the tub to change the water color. They fizz and do change the color of the water quite well. Ben thought it was loads of fun.

Videos:

Talking - This gives you a good idea of just how much jabbering we hear all day long. He is very serious about everything he says, we just have no idea what he is saying most of the time.



A new trick - "Smile for Mommy!" and this is what I get.




Ben is mastering the slide. We have taught him well to go down backwards off of couches, chairs and other high objects. Apparently he has overgeneralized.

3 comments:

Leslie and James said...

soo cute! and hilarious too!:)

Unknown said...

You know, he's only mimicking his mommy's eye squint when she smiles. :o)

Lauren Zaffos said...

In the bath pic, it looks like he just peed in the pool and was caught :) He is so fun, Amber. How has the nap adjustment been?