Sunday, August 15, 2010

Nate's Nursery and Big Boy Update

I definitely don't think that creativity is in the top 20 of my God-given gifts, but for some reason I had an absolute blast doing Ben and Nate's new rooms. Nesting is a wonderfully, productive thing! Today I finished Nate's room and I am thrilled with it! Grammy has sent some bedding our way and it should arrive soon! Whew, I wanted to be done before the third trimester tiredness and crankiness set in and I made it. Now, I just have to get all those tubs of baby clothes out of the storage shed and start washing and sorting.


Big Boy Update: We put Ben in his big boy bed one night and it was a disaster. He tried to run to the door before I shut it, hurried too much and fell off the bed (which he is normally very adept at getting on and off of) and fell flat on his face, busting his nose a bit. We cleaned up the nose, kissed it all better and put him in his crib with a mountain of guilt and he slept like a rock! We have moved everything from his old room into his new room. Nothing regarding Ben happens in the old room now. And I put up the pack n play for nap and night time now. I am guessing this could go well and he will become comfortable in his room and eventually get in the big bed or it could go poorly and he will insist on the pack n play and refuse the big bed.

We are also in the process of moving his nap time. My textbook baby has gone against all the rules :) He dropped his afternoon nap, but loves his morning nap. That means he is awake noon -7:45pm. That is too long for mama. So, we are attempting to push the 10am morning nap back until 1pm, slowly but surely. So far so good, but we just got started. Let the fussing commence!

No comments: