When I look back over these six years, I feel like we are now really hitting our stride. We love each other of course, but we really like each other these days. Ryan loves his job which makes me more happy than I can explain. I love my job of mommy and all the ways I contribute at World Impact. I don't feel like I have to compromise either one which makes my life so wonderful. We have both really enjoyed being in a smaller town and really feel like this fits our lifestyle (ya know, the one where we are still in our 20s, but act like we are in our retired years). What I am trying to say is, I am married to the man of my dreams, living a wonderful life, sharing the gospel with the urban poor, raising a son that is more wonderful than I could have ever asked of God! And this isn't just the pregnancy hormones speaking, I really am living the best life! But oh how I can't wait for heaven...come Lord Jesus!
Back to the anniversary celebration...
My sister Trisha gave us a generous gift card to The Melting Pot, a fondue restaurant. We were supposed to go when we were in Houston for New Year's but Ryan ended up getting sick. The closest Melting Pot to Wichita is in Kansas City. My mom and sister Candice came to visit last week and kept Ben Monday night while we went to Kansas City, enjoyed a fabulous experience with fondue and stayed in a hotel which we hadn't done in about a year and a half. It was a lovely get-away and a great way to celebrate our birthday/anniversary!
Start drooling over these pictures...
We got to sit in this little 2-seater corner booth with a privacy curtain we could pull.
1st course - breads, veggies, apples and cheese. Fabulous
2nd course that came really soon - Salad/Lettuce Wraps
2nd course that came really soon - Salad/Lettuce Wraps
1 comment:
What a wonderful restaurant to visit while celebrating and reflecting. Interactive dinners are the best!
Post a Comment