Monday, July 26, 2010

Just an Update

It has been over a week since I posted a picture of Ben. I get in lots of trouble when I go that long, so I figured I better send some cuteness your way.

As I have always said, he is super smart. He understands so much, but often times gets things just a little bit wrong and it usually means it is a lot funny.

I asked him if he wanted to help Daddy mow (the lawn) and he began to blow his nose!
He was watching Daddy mow the yard in this picture. He went from the front door to the backdoor watching.

He has never actually tried to put one block on top of the other until a few days ago. I got so excited that he wasn't just knocking them down. I asked him if he wanted to build with me. He nodded yes and walked off down the hall. A minute later he returned with his wooden hammer and began destroying all the lego towers!

I built the base, but he built the purple and green by himself.


He is infatuated with lotion right now. We lube him up every night because his skin is so dry and sensitive. Now, he wants some in the palm of his hand. He carries it around like a prized possession until he eventually rubs it somewhere. We encourage him to rub it between his hands or on his tummy. Usually he rubs it on his shirt, forgetting to raise it to get to his tummy or sometimes he just rubs it on whatever is close by, like the couch cushion this morning. Lovely.
I asked him to smell the lotion and he vigorously began sniffing his empty hand. Close, but not quite.


He definitely has the word "more" figured out. It was always a favorite sign, but now a favorite word as well. We think it is so cute and I am glad he is finally really trying to use verbal language.



Recently he chose to dump his entire plate of oatmeal into his lap. So, if you have ever wondered why Ben always seems to be only in a diaper when in his highchair, now you know!


Our house has been all daddy all the time lately. Sadly, daddy has to leave the house a lot. Ben stands at the window calling for him over and over again. So sad. He gets so excited when daddy comes home. Thankfully, daddy loves Ben as much as Ben loves daddy. He is willing to play with him as much as he can.

1 comment:

Lauren Zaffos said...

OHHHH man. He's a cutie for sure! And that pic of him with his food on his lap kinda grosses me out...but I'm sure my turn is coming! ;)