Thursday, April 1, 2010

Spring has Sprung

I feel like I have not blogged in forever. The weather is finally warming up some here (with bits of cold weather still popping up here and there). The sun is coming through the windows and that makes me happy. I am already planning trips to the zoo with the other moms around.

Ben is lots of fun, but is experimenting with tantrum throwing. Oh the fun. He also seems to have forgotten what the word "no" means. He used to respond well to it and stop doing whatever he was doing, but now he just looks at me and goes right back to doing whatever he was doing. We go through it over and over again. I move him somewhere else attempting the distraction technique and he gives a loud grunt of disapproval and crawls right back to where he was. Oh how it can make my blood boil. My role has certainly moved from need-meeting to actual parenting. And it has just begun. I'm nervous already.

Enough about that. Here are some pictures.

Birthday sweater from Nana that is so handsome.

And the weather changes, so cute summer outfit from Mama D today.

He is so chill in his high chair. The feet up can become a problem when the tray is on.

I love this picture.


Somehow he managed to get this bag on his back like a backpack. He had been playing alone in his room. I heard him 'calling' for me and this is what I found. So, I left him to fuss while I went to get the camera to take a picture of him. Such a good mama!

I couldn't resist. If I let him stand by the tub before putting him in he crawls away to look for Ryan. It is just so cute. He thinks it is a fun game.

The winter beard is gone! Ryan is shedding.

He has rediscovered his rocking chair. He crawls up in there multiple times a day, pulls his legs up a few times and then crawls back out.

I GOT A DISHWASHER. I am so excited. Tonight will be its inagural wash. Woohoo. This was the chaos in my kitchen while it was being installed. I did lose some cabinet space, but I had moved everything out of those cabinets a week ago in anticipation of my dishwasher and I haven't really missed the space.


Ben loved playing with his ball in the empty cabinet while we waited for the World Impact property manager to come install the dishwasher.

2 comments:

Lauren Zaffos said...

Yay for Zoo fun! We don't have a zoo in Lubbock, so I am kinda jealous :)

I'm sure you are having quite the time handling the "not listening to mom anymore" game. You are a wonderful mom and I know your persistance will pay off! Keep it up! The Lord will bless your efforts...he's kinda cool like that :)

I have you read "Shepherding a Child's Heart"? Its a good one if you have time to read nowadays :)

Thanks for posting! I love reading!

Oh, and I'm thinking about getting off of Facebook for a while. It consumes a lot of time I could be using for a greater purpose...so just fyi.

Have a WONDERFUL easter and use that dishwasher for everything sister :) What an awesome blessing!!

Walmart Fashionista said...

Oh my goodness! He has grown up so much...he looks like a little boy now!!! But what a cute little boy!!! :) They grow up way too fast!!!