Ben has mastered two more signs - more and please. He mostly uses 'more' when he wants to keep playing or wants the toy back that he just dropped or I took away (my cell phone is not a toy, kid!). He barely uses 'more' in reference to food.
He seems to understand that please gets him what he wants. Last night I was putting the dinner plates on the table and he crawled up to me, sat up on his knees and used both hands to sign please. haha. It was terribly cute. Too bad Daddy was working and missed it. I have been reinforcing please when he wants to be picked up, so apparently he understands perfectly and just chooses when it is in his best interest to use his sign.
In other news, World Impact Wichita hosted a 24 hour conference for college students this weekend called Encounter the City. Ben and I were able to enjoy meals with them and chatting with staff and some of the students. Ryan taught one session and led one of the many small groups. For many of these students who are mostly all from a small Kansas town, this was their first experience with the poor and even thinking about God's heart for the poor. We are hopeful that God is working in some of their hearts and maybe we will have some summer or year-long interns from this group.
Also, remember our 100 Hole Golf Tournament is coming up in a week. If you are interested in knowing more or giving financially to this, leave me a comment! We are hoping to use this one-time event to bolster our yearly support. It's too bad all of you readers wont be there to watch Ryan golf. I am guessing it will be quite a funny site :)
No comments:
Post a Comment