Saturday, November 21, 2009

8 month stats

Ben went for his 8 month check-up last Thursday.
Weight - 18 lbs 8 oz - 25%
Height - 28 inches - 60%
Head - 17 3/4 inches - 45% (Yeah, average)

His latest trick is clapping. When we say "yeah" he puts his hands together and claps. So cute! We are working on waving, but without any success yet. He also recognizes the word daddy. If I ask "where is daddy?" he will turn and look to the front door if Ryan is expected home soon or he will turn and look at him if he is around. He is starting to make much more recognizable sounds. We have heard ba-ba even though he has never taken a ba-ba and da-da just today!

Ben loves cords (and knows he isn't supposed to have them) and hates the vacuum cleaner. In this picture, I was cleaning one of our hospitality apartments and Ben climbed under to get to the cords, but also to get away from the vacuum cleaner. I moved the cords and moved him and he went right back to it and just sat under the tv until I finished vacuuming.


He pulls up!
He tries to stand at any chance he gets. In this picture, he was very angry with me for putting up the gate. He knew Ryan was on the other side of the gate and he desperately wanted to get by.

This is how I am greeted after most naps. He is such a big boy already.

1 comment:

Team Chamness said...

Can't believe how quickly that boy is growing! H. also hates the vacuum...we get it out and she immediately starts with "bye, bye. bye, bye" I've obviously passed on my love of cleaning :)

Hope you have a fabulous Thanksgiving!