Thursday, September 17, 2009

6 Month Stats

I took Ben to the doctor today for his 6 month check-up. I was crazy enough to also volunteer to keep some friend's kids, so I had Ben and Andrew, a 3 year old cutie. I made a comment to the doctor about the fact I was babysitting Andrew and he looked at me and said, "Oh, I thought you only had the one child." Ha. He must have been a bit confused. So, I practiced what it would be like to have 4 kids today. 8, 6, 3, and 6 months. The older two were at school all day and I only had to pick them up from school and keep them a mere 30 minutes before their dad came home to relieve me. And, the dad did come home for lunch and put Andrew down for his nap. My job was easy. I did however get to drive their minivan. Oh my! My sister Trisha, along with some other friends, have told me that I cannot want a minivan. Too bad people! I have driven it now. It is so smooth and spacious and every door opens with the clicker. I love clickers! And the car seat is just right there at a normal level, not lifting up or bending down. I think I am in love. Now, I just have to convince my husband. I'm not thinking that will happen anytime soon.

Anyways, back to Ben's doctor visit. The doctor said he looks great. He now weighs 16 pounds and 13 ounces and is 26 3/4 inches long, both 50%. Everyone thinks he is soooo long when they see him, but he is just average according to the charts. The doctor also said I could start introducing meats. WHAT? Meats are for grown ups. I am just getting used to the fact that Ben is eating pureed lunch and dinner. I am not ready for meats yet. But, I guess we will try them sometime soon. I haven't finished introducing all the fruits and vegetables that I want to try. It is just now time for all the fun fall vegetables!

Ben posing as a student in Daddy's class.
He is so proud that he can sit in his own chair now.
Just too darn cute not to post.
He was given lot of overalls that are just now fitting, but it is already starting to cool off, so he wont be able to wear them for long.


Great Grandma Sherrill, Mama D and Aunt Can Can went crazy in Children's Place. Ben will be totally styling this winter. I couldn't resist putting him in these clothes to model even though they are obviously still too big.

No comments: