Friday, August 7, 2009

Recent Happenings

My mom came for her last summer visit to hopefully fill her Ben tank now that school is about to start. Her friend Becky made the drive with her. Becky used to babysit me and my sisters when we were little. It was a strange feeling having my old babysitter here to see my baby. We had a great time. Here are the last few days in pictures and a short video at the end.

We took a trip to Babies R Us and saw this hat. We didn't purchase it, but I had to have a picture for my granddad.

Laughing with Mama D.


Playing some more.

Look what I found.

Taking a quick rest from all the playing.


Sitting outside enjoying the morning breeze and some toes.

Delicious.

It wasn't all fun and games. My grandma requested some fresh Kansas peaches and okra. We found this great farm about 20 minutes from Wichita where we bought 2 boxes of peaches, lots of okra, blackberries, blueberries, green beans, pluots, a cantelope, bell peppers, serano peppers, jalepenos, cherries, and a pineapple from Hawaii. We peeled and bagged the peaches to be put up in the freezer. We cut and bagged the okra. I made a blackberry cobbler and fresh blackberry jam (haven't gotten to taste it yet, but I can't wait). I also made a cherry crumble and we already ate all but one on the pluots. Delicious.


Finally, a 13 second video of Ben. He just started getting up on his knees a rocking a bit. He changes more and more every day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of him resting with his head on his toy. Way too cute.

Living here in the south gives us many opportunities to buy fresh produce too. Yum!