Who knew I could get so excited about seeing a dirty diaper? Yesterday, Ben was fussy all day long. That was the first day in his young life that he obviously didn't feel just right. I have been so blessed to have such a happy baby, but yesterday, he was somehow traded in for a 'I need to be held or I will scream' baby. So, hold him I did. I even tried to hold him in my sling carrier, but he couldn't be fooled. However, at 7:00pm I changed a dirty diaper - the first in 12 hours and he seemed to feel better. Last night he slept extremely well, so I am hoping things are moving through his system well again and today will be a better day.
I tried everything yesterday. He was content in his swing for a short time. I put the shirt I had been wearing over him as a blanket. Did it help? Who knows and who cares. He slept for a little bit without needing to be held.

This is his latest trick. He will only hold up his head this long for about 10 seconds per day and I managed to get a picture of it!

He is just so cute.

This is Daddy's way of manipulating him to lift his head. Ryan lets Ben gnaw on his thumb and then slowly lifts Ben's head until he can look eye-to-eye. Shameless.

Mommy & Ben
This picture is blurry, but ah....

Last one... I just love that he insists on having his arms under his head when he sleeps. Sometimes, he has rolled himself over because he has an arm under and then will push up and flop over. Just a taste for us of what is to come, I guess.
2 comments:
I love that you document all of these things! It's really cool to get to see...plus, I keep thinking what a great record you're going to have of pictures and words to explain it all. I hope you're printing these pages out or saving them on a disc somewhere so you can show him. There's got to be a good way to keep this "journal" so he can have it one day. Let me know if you figure out some cool way to do that!
I love the pictures. Thank you for sharing Ben with your friends in Alabama!
Post a Comment