I started writing this blog last night like this...
For all you Ben-picture-lovers, I apologize for the delay, but here are some new shots throughout this long update. Ben is starting to offer some real smiles, but very infrequently and maybe one a day if we time it just right (right after he gets a full belly is the best time). We haven't gotten a still picture yet, but there is a video with two good smiles. I am not above trying to induce it :)
I can't help myself with these towel pictures. Here is another one. He does seem to enjoy his bath.
I can't help myself with these towel pictures. Here is another one. He does seem to enjoy his bath.
Ben continues to grow so fast. I have a hard time remembering how tiny he was when we brought him home. He is finally out of his newborn onesies and into 0-3 month clothes. The sizes of baby clothes befuddle me. He can wear most all his 0-3 outfits, but also all his 3-6 onesies, but none of his 3-6 outfits fit. Oh well, that just means more fun trying on clothes to see what fits, which he doesn't seem to mind too much as long as he can stare in his mirror on the changing table.
Just for fun.
Ben has been adjusting his schedule without telling me about it. He has been wanting to eat every two hours these days. That doesn't allow mom much time to get anything done around the house. I have taken the advice of many other mothers and only have one household chore per day on my to-do list. Some days I get my chore done and even some extras. Some days I don't get any chores done. Thankfully, for my sanity, I do get a shower eat morning and get my hair done, make-up on and dressed each day. It keeps me feeling normal.Matchy Matchy with Dad.
Ben sleeps well at night, most nights. On good nights, he goes about 5-6 consecutive hours and then 3-4 after that to be up for the morning. I would prefer for him to not wake until 7am each morning, but I am not sure that has ever happened :)
Yawn
I went to my 6 week postpartum doctor appointment yesterday afternoon. My weight loss was encouraging and my doctor said everything has healed up well. It was fun to see my nurse and doctor again after 6 weeks and to show off Ben. They said the same thing that most people say - he looks like an old man and he has such a serious look all the time! He must be taking after his father as far as the serious face - must be a thinker.
Motherhood has been quite an adventure for me. The first few weeks were the easiest - I know, it seems backwards. Ben slept so much and I was able to rest and didn't put stress on myself to keep up my house too much and so I just enjoyed him and enjoyed discovering my life as a mom. These last couple of weeks have been a little more difficult as life around me has resumed, but I am still not real sure of myself as a mom. I find myself questioning everything I do and everything going on with Ben. Am I doing this right? Why does he only stop crying when I hold him on my chest while sitting on the couch and lightly patting his back? Why didn't he eat as well this time? Why is he awake right now? And on and on. I know I shouldn't second guess myself like this, so I am trying very hard to not judge Ben by all the books I have read and blogs I read, but rather to get to know Ben. I am a work in progress and probably always will be.
That is about all the news from here. The weather is getting warmer, so we are trying to get outside more. Ryan went on a walk with us at the nature park not far from our home. Oh, how I miss the Dallas Arboretum right now! My friends' pictures with their babies at the arboretum make me so jealous.
It is hard to take your own picture and get a stroller in the shot. We are on a bridge and there is actually a river behind us.

5 comments:
What a wonderful looking family. I know that things are all brand new to you guys and I do understand how much time a baby can take, so thanks so much for the new pictures and the newsy blog entry. I do check daily and always enjoy it. You have such a handsome son!
Love and prayers,
Aunt Ginger
I love that last picture. What is he doing with his face?
You have such a sweet little boy! I can't wait to meet him!
Hang in there, girl! James did the every 2 - 2 1/2 hour feedings for so long, plus he was a very long nurser too... now he nurses 4 times a day in less than 10 minutes (worth the wait!). We will be thinking about yall when we go to the arboretum and hope to have a playdate there soon! Big hugs... Ben is precious!!! :)
Thank you for keeping up with the blog. I know you have your hands full, but I love logging on to see and read about Ben. Give him a hug and kiss for me!
Stephanie
Post a Comment