Sunday, December 14, 2008

Finishing Touches

This blog is mostly for my mom to see all the wonderful things her Christmas money has afforded our home. But, maybe some of you are interested in all my little projects too!

I have started and completed many projects around the house since we moved in July. I have also started some projects that I have not completed. This Friday, Ryan and I will host our staff Christmas party at our home, so I have a very definite deadline for getting some of my projects done. Motivation hasn't always been the reason I haven't completed projects though - the budget is a big contributor. So, when my mom sent Christmas money, I knew I would like nothing more than to put the final touches on some of the rooms in the house.

First, her money bought all Ben's bedding (sorry Kim!). One valance came with the bedding pack. I can't wait to see how it looks in the crib. Sorry for the bright flash.I have also been painting Ben's closet RED. After four coats of paint, I decided it was red enough. We have picked out some hanging organizers that will go in his closet to hold all his cute little things, but this is a good start.
With my mom's Christmas money, I bought curtains for the office which prompted me to finally finish painting the door and the trim around the windows.And curtains for the bathroom.
And curtains for the guest room. For this room, we bought a "5 piece set" that said it included a valance, two panels and two tie-backs. When I opened it, I only saw three pieces because the valance and panels were all one piece. I needed them to be separate. So, I cut the panels from the valance and sewed the top of the panels. Yeah for me! I used my new (antique from my grandma) sewing machine. (Lisa, this means you have to come visit me too so you can see my handiwork.)And, here are the curtains in our bedroom and the art for the wall (I made the art, so don't look too closely).And, my last project for this weekend was to put our names on our stockings. The idea that Ben will use this stocking for years and years is so exciting. My mom still puts things in my stocking each Christmas and it is the only stocking I have ever had.

2 comments:

Janet Morrison-Lane said...

I love it!! It's such a homey home! Wanna come back to Dallas and help me give my home those personal touches?? :) I'm VERY impressed, Amber!

Cara said...

It's beautiful! Look at you go! - Loving the red closet especially.