Sunday, November 9, 2008

Pregnancy Woes

I read a friend's blog today entitled "Warning - Vent Alert" and I decided to join in her fun. There are two things that have been driving me crazy lately:
1. leg cramps
2. emotional basket case hormones

A good night's sleep is something that I have had to try to forget about. I roll over multiple times each night, rolling my body pillow with me and I am still not comfortable. My calves are cramping regularly now and I have woken up almost crying in pain (and scaring my dear husband) while clutching my calf muscle. When that isn't happening, my hips hurt a lot which leads to more adjusting and rolling over. Ugh. No fun.

I have been proud that my hormonal balance has been rather stable - until now. This week we found out a friend was pregnant, but suffered a miscarriage only three days after getting the pregnancy confirmation. She and I had talked a lot about trying to conceive and I was so excited for her to join me in being pregnant. While I would naturally expect to be saddened at their loss, I have found myself distraught over it. I practically cried through our entire church service this morning. I was so embarrassed, but I can't seem to control it. I am even tearing up at tv commercials these days. Ugh. No fun.

To add a slight bit of positivity, we are traveling to Midland this weekend for my sister's bridal shower. I am so excited to see my mom, one sister (too bad the other can't come) and my grandparents (maybe both sets, I don't know yet), Ryan's cousin and her husband and many family friends. I am really looking forward to it!

4 comments:

Darby said...

Miscarriages are very sad and difficult. I'm sorry to hear.

Anonymous said...

Concerning the emotional basket case hormones, my friend Wendy is at week 23 and I completely understand what you mean. I now keep tissues in my office for her.

Anonymous said...

Bananas are great for leg cramps. A lot of cramping (aka 'Charlie Horse') is from a lack of potassium. Bananas are a wonderful source of potassium and can really save you from icky, painful cramps/spasms.

Hope this helps:)

Darby said...

More blogs, more blogs, we want more blogs!
Yep, it is fun to steal stuff--but you know that since teachers do it all of the time!