As Ryan and I continue to make our own traditions, today I gave up one of my childhood traditions. We bought an artificial tree! Of course, my family doesn't buy live trees anymore now that we have all left the house, but we always had one as I grew up. I thought there was something wonderful about a live tree. After having four live trees of my own though, I have learned that they are a pain to clean up and they have to be watered and are just a mess in general. No matter how well I cleaned, we found pine needles in our Dallas apartment when we were moving out! So, I have come over to the artificial side. We bought a small one this year and I am hoping to get my grandma's artificial tree or do some after Christmas shopping this year for next year's tree. And then I will have two! Woohoo.
Here are some pictures of our Christmasy home.
Thanks for the new tree skirt, Grandma. I used the rest of my Christmas money because I could not resist!!! (And the bows are from my grandma's tree when I was growing up. She gave them to me a few years ago.)
This is our mantle this year. I am sad not to have a fireplace, but what can I do about it now?! That is Ben's stocking in the middle. I bought stuff to put our names on our stockings now. We will see how that goes.
This is the best nativity scene! Each person has a scripture written near the bottom. And the silver angels on the side were gifts from Ryan's sister Kelly and her husband Michael last year. (Of course there is football on in my house right now, it is Saturday!)
Thanks for the new tree skirt, Grandma. I used the rest of my Christmas money because I could not resist!!! (And the bows are from my grandma's tree when I was growing up. She gave them to me a few years ago.)
This is our mantle this year. I am sad not to have a fireplace, but what can I do about it now?! That is Ben's stocking in the middle. I bought stuff to put our names on our stockings now. We will see how that goes.
We have a tradition of getting each other a new Christmas tree ornament each year. Although this is our fifth Christmas together, we can only find four sets of ornaments. Neither one of us can figure out how that happened. What happened in 2005? Here are the ornaments we bought each other this year. Ryan did the best, don't you think?
We go to the doctor on Monday to check up on this little bun in my oven! I will blog all about it and take my 24 week picture. Yikes. We are getting so close.
Merry Christmas!
2 comments:
adorable! i so want to be like you, amber!!:)
why am i not surprised that you already have Christmas up? come back to Dallas right now and help me! miss you guys! please tell Ben that Hayden sends sweet tummy pats.
Post a Comment